Chino Valley, AZ asked in Immigration Law, Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Arizona

Q: If a illegal immigrant has EDC Court , what will most likely happened on that day

2 Lawyer Answers
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: At an Early Disposition Court session, you as a defendant will be arraigned, and a plea agreement will be offered by the County Attorney. If you accept the plea agreement, sentencing will occur that day or at an EDC session. If you do not accept the offered plea agreement, you will be allowed time to reach a plea agreement by the next EDC session or the case will be set for a traditional court session.

You should be represented by an experienced criminal attorney to avoid a conviction or a negative result that will impact your immigration case.

Good luck to you.

Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The response by Adan is correct as for the process.

If I am reading between the lines, you do not need to worry about security arresting you simply because of your undocumented status. However, if your plea agreement calls for jail time then you should absolutely be worried about your case and contact our firm so we can help prevent you from going to jail in Maricopa where they will place an ICE hold on you. or 602-900-6642

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.