Thornville, OH asked in Family Law and Social Security for Ohio

Q: We have a 15 year old daughter. We presently have a shared parenting plan (50/50), her mother is trying to break this.

I am 69 years old and get social security survivor benefits for my daughter. I provide her mother with $300/month and pay all my daughter extra activities fees out of the survivor benefits. What should I be prepared for if the plan is broken? I'm contesting the change on the basis my daughter had counseling and told the counselor she didn't want to make a choice and is very happy. I do have a lawyer, but I'm not sure he is telling me everything. My lawyer has only told me what her mother wants, which is every other weekend.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony C. Satariano
Anthony C. Satariano

A: I would suggest consulting with your lawyer. Your lawyer will know the specifics of your case and the traditional approach your local jurisdiction takes to custody changes.

It will also depend on what you mean by "plan is broken" and what "change" you are "contesting". There are not enough facts here for an outside attorney to provide a comprehensive and accurate opinion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.