Orlando, FL asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: Can my ex take me back to court for more child support after 7 years keeping the kids from me?

My ex got with a man that didn't want me to talk to my two kids she went missing for 7 years in another state. She just reached out to me its been 7 years I haven't heard from her or my kids. She is harassing me and threatening me to take me back to court. She has the kids calling me and I can hear her in the background coaching them what to say I have texts and messages on my phone. They were very little since I last seen them they don`t know me because she moved and changed her number. Now that her and her boyfriend broke up she wants back in my life and wants more money. Can this happen can she get more money?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Child support is modifiable in Florida until the children reach eighteen or otherwise emancipate. Likewise you have the right to go back to court to enforce your timesharing rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.