San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Texas

Q: My Son is 14 years old and was caught video taping his 12 year old Girl Cousin in the bathroom with a phone.

Can a civil suit be filed against him and would he be placed in the sexual predator list?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Shannon Willis Locke
Mr. Shannon Willis Locke
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: This is very serious and you need to contact a local attorney immediately. However, this is not likely a civil matter. If the authorities get a hold of the video there are a number of crimes that can be charged. If the video portrays any genitalia the video is child pornography. Any adult who possesses the video is committing a felony and will have to register as a sex offender if they do not go to prison. Call an attorney familiar with these cases immediately so they can ask questions and give specific advice abouf this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.