Harrison, AR asked in Traffic Tickets and Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: Tonight I was written a ticket for contributing to the delinquency of a minor in Arkansas , what should my next step be

The cops showed up because a buddy who wasn’t there has a crazy girlfriend, and she showed up looking for him and then called the cops and told them a lie about somebody who was really drunk and left the house. Nobody was really drunk but a few people had a couple drinks at my house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Thank you for reaching out. The citation is a class A Misdemeanor in Arkansas. This is up to one year in the county jail and up to $2500 fine if you plead guilty or are found guilty by a Judge. The charge may stay on your record forever. You can seal this record though. Depending on which court you are in, you risk at least 30 days in jail and around $500 in fines. Many charges can be handled without an attorney. This charge is not one of them. You should obtain an attorney right away. Expect costs for an attorney to be anywhere from $1200 to $2500. My clients have my cell phone and can call days, nights, weekends and holidays. Ask any attorney if they will be available. You will need an attorney who will return your calls. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.