Knoxville, TN asked in Criminal Law, Nursing Home Abuse, Probate and Public Benefits for Georgia

Q: When someone is sentenced by a judge to 180 days in probation detention center. Will that person serve the whole 180?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norcross, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Good question.

The answer it really depends on which jurisdiction the case is in. Some jails do 2 for 1 credit and some calculate jail time day for day. Also, because of the Coronavirus some jails are releasing persons jailed for less serious non violent crimes early.

Please do not hesitate to call me at 404-932-3099 to discuss my specific case evaluation and fee quote. Best regards,

Sean McIlhinney, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.