Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Georgia Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: What percentage of the compensation will the team of lawyers receive in a nursing home wrongful death case?
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
answered on Aug 17, 2021

Depends on the retainer. Industry averages are 1/3 to 50/50 depending on how it is all structured. Generally the Plaintiff owes nothing if there is no recovery.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Personal Injury and Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: If my mother had 4 kids and 2 have not had nothing to do with her in 10 to 15 years and she excluded them out of her

Will Stated that they should not receive anything from her estate if a wrongful death suit was filed with would they Able to get something from the reward

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 30, 2020

A Georgia attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for four weeks. This sounds like a complex setting where an attorney might need to see how the pleadings were drafted to offer meaningful input. You could reach out to Georgia attorneys to discuss terms for a brief initial consult.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Nursing Home Abuse, Probate and Public Benefits for Georgia on
Q: When someone is sentenced by a judge to 180 days in probation detention center. Will that person serve the whole 180?
Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
answered on Apr 5, 2020

Good question.

The answer it really depends on which jurisdiction the case is in. Some jails do 2 for 1 credit and some calculate jail time day for day. Also, because of the Coronavirus some jails are releasing persons jailed for less serious non violent crimes early.

View More

3 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: my husband was inured in a involuntary psychiatric hold, no one will tell me what happened and won't give records

he received 3 staples in his head and we were not notified and he cant remember what happened, do we have a case?

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
answered on Jan 4, 2019

You should consult with an attorney who can review the case with you and determine if this is worth pursuing. Most attorneys offer a free consultation. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: My mother got a bed sore about 2 years ago on her left heel,that got very infected,from lack of attention

It was from negligence of the staff,well she's had surgeries,she's been in the hospital several times,now she's back in again with the infection that should have never happened,she's in bad shape this time

David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 27, 2018

It appears that Georgia has a 2 year statute of limitations from the date of the injury. There may be some exceptions or extensions of this general rule / law. Contact a malpractice or nursing home attorney in your geographic region as soon as possible.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Georgia on
Q: Can I file a nursing home case if my mother has POA of my fathers affairs? I have found serious neglect.

My father has been in a nursing home in Atlanta for Alzheimers and the family was called on yesterday because he has had a fever over 100 degrees for a couple of days now and they felt that he was transitioning. I went on yesterday and I found him in very bad shape. He was very very thin and his... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 31, 2016

Contact a member of the Ga. Trial Lawyers Assn. They give free consultations. Look for one that handles nursing home issues.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Landlord - Tenant, Personal Injury and Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: Can a property owner be held criminally and/or civilly responsible when their tenant commits a crime they know about?

Landlord rents house to a tenant. House is to be used for operating a personal care home. The tenant's husband murders one of the residents & tenant conceals the death by burying the body under a shed on the property. She tells the landlord what she's done (because they're... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 5, 2016

He is criminally liable for a number of charges. Civilly he would be liable to the family of the deceased for aiding in misuse of a corpse and other torts. Suggest you contact a member of the Ga. Trial Lawyers Association--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Georgia on
Q: My grand mother has been in a nursing home for a long time I don'tnno what else to do I want her home she's getting wors

My brother put her there for a bad bed sore that she had on her butt I just really really really new help from someone that can help me get her the HELL home be fore she die in that place so please please please someone help me on what I can do

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 14, 2015

Sorry to hear about that. Talk to a local Elder law lawyer about your rights and options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.