Fargo, ND asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for North Dakota

Q: Can i bring legal action against an adult who tried to help my minor run away.

My son is 15yrs old. He is on supervised probation. He has been in and out of facilities several times for behavior. He ran away last night and is now in police custody in a hospital. His aunt helped him and was coming to take him to a different city without permission. What can I do? His aunt has addiction problems, a prison record and has had her children taken by the state of ND and adopted out. I want to bring legal charges against this woman and keep my son away from her. She has not been in his life for years until recently.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Call police to report

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.