Staten Island, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: I recieved an unregistered summons New York City

I received an unregistered summons in New York City from a New York State cop...This was actually written on a car I was loaned from a dealer.. A plate reader picked it up Cop told me the dealer's registration was expired upon review it was expired. I plead not guilty and that was a year ago around this time beginning of May they gave me hearing date a year later... I just got a letter postponing that hearing date another year this is over two years from the time of incident...To be honest with you I don't even remember the circumstances that led up to it where's the due process how do I defend myself if I don't remember traffic patterns change construction changes can't get the same pictures can I make that argument and the New Jersey used car dealer is no longer in buss... It's a little ridiculous that you got to try to remember two years... Do I have a good argument let me know...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Arbeit
Michael Arbeit
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Freeport, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Was that the only ticket that you received? If so, get a letter from the dealer that it was their vehicle and proof that the car was re-registered. You can have an attorney to represent you and you would not even have to appear.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.