Rock Hill, SC asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina

Q: When I file a complaint in the court of common pleas in SC, how long after do I have to wait to send my interrogatories?

I had to file a lawsuit against two drivers that collided with eachother. I was at the red light when they hit each other and ended up hitting my car. Both of their insurance companies are disagreeing on the liability so my car is a total loss and has not been replaced and my medical bills are going into collections.

1 Lawyer Answer
Carole Jean Hayes
Carole Jean Hayes
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Some people actually send the discovery requests with the complaint when it gets served. I would suggest waiting until they file an answer, wherein they will probably deny everything, and then send the interrogatories, request for production of documents and anything else you might want to send such as stipulations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.