Las Vegas, NV asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Contracts and Identity Theft for Nevada

Q: Can I still take legal action from my previous apartment Complex for breach of contract if accrued in 2015?

In 2015 The last day to pay rent to the apartments before eviction process would have tooken place, on the way to the office i got into a accident inside of the parking structure, i went back home dazed and when I came to , i had missed calls & voice mails from not only the apartment manager but the 2 other people who was involved in the accident. One of the people called me repeatedly threatening me and saying he knows all of my personal information, that's the apartment manager gave him this information. The second person involved informs me that the manager gave them both copies of my application that I filled out and signed when I applied to the apartmemts. My social birthday everything. After that so many unknown inquiries and dept accounts are on my report stopping me from alot of things , school loans that I never took out and more every since, the manager gave them my private information. Can I still Pressure legal action even though it was so long ago and what Steps to take?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph R Maridon Jr
Joseph R Maridon Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The answer to your question can be found in NRS 11.190. To sue for breach of a written contract, you generally have 6 years. It appears, however, that you are complaining about much more than breach of contract. Any damage that you suffered as a result of any wrongful act or negligence on the part of the manager or others involved may be barred by a two year limitation. This is something that you will need to talk to a lawyer about to determine when the damage occurred, and if it can be considered ongoing for purposes of the statute of limitations.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.