Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning and Probate for Nevada on
Q: My wife's uncle is embezzling funds from a trust. He wants to have her sign a new trust.

My wife's uncle is embezzling funds from a trust. He wants to have her sign a new trust. In the original trust, A, he has full discretion over funds. In trust fund B, he does not. He wants to merge trust fund B into trust fund A, so he can steal it.

What I'm curious about is... Read more »

Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera answered on Jul 31, 2020

You should contact an attorney familiar with trusts and estates that can review the two trusts you make reference to and provide legal guidance. You don't mention the type of trust (revocable, irrevocable, etc.), and you mentioned the merging of the trusts and dissolution (of I guess trust B).... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Contracts and Employment Law for Nevada on
Q: Looking for help for breach of contract

I have worked as a remote independent contractor recruiter working in Texas for a staffing agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada. My compensation was not paid completely as agreed in the contract and the agency made me work other job that was not described in the contract. I was told by my other... Read more »

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson answered on Jul 15, 2020

Sometimes these contracts have a clause that determines the state in which an action may be brought for a breach. I would review your contract and see which state you would need to bring action in, then start reaching out to employment law attorneys in that state for a consultation and to discuss... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability and Construction Law for Nevada on
Q: Discv'd 2 scratches in veh after hiring a landscaping bus. area of work was next to veh. withhold payment? what to do?

The landscaping company was hired to install irrigation lines and set pavers in the front yard. The crew was congregated next to our brand new 2020 4Runner with digging equipment. Discovered two scratches in the passenger side door this morning on our way to work. I want to support our local... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on May 9, 2020

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Until you are able to arrange a meaningful consult with a local attorney, some things to keep in mind is that jurors could ask for proof that the business caused the scratches claimed, and whether it could be possible... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Contracts and Identity Theft for Nevada on
Q: Can I still take legal action from my previous apartment Complex for breach of contract if accrued in 2015?

In 2015 The last day to pay rent to the apartments before eviction process would have tooken place, on the way to the office i got into a accident inside of the parking structure, i went back home dazed and when I came to , i had missed calls & voice mails from not only the apartment manager... Read more »

Joseph R Maridon Jr
Joseph R Maridon Jr answered on May 4, 2020

The answer to your question can be found in NRS 11.190. To sue for breach of a written contract, you generally have 6 years. It appears, however, that you are complaining about much more than breach of contract. Any damage that you suffered as a result of any wrongful act or negligence on the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Civil Litigation and Contracts for Nevada on
Q: Can my business partner change ownership percentage without my knowledge?

I have K1s stating my percentage ownership. Is K1s good enough to establish percentage of ownership?

Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 13, 2020

Good question. Usually, a business partner can't change your ownership percentage in a partnership or company without your permission or unless you have given the partner some sort of right to do so. There are tax implications associated with that change (especially if you are in a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nevada on
Q: I hired a Ghost writer to write my book. I have found that they lack the experience to complete book.breech of contract

Can I recoup my money?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 26, 2019

It would be difficult to offer you a simple "yes" or "no" answer here. The first thing an attorney would probably do if you arranged a meeting with them would be to ask to see the contract, and in particular, how it addresses the element of the ghost writer's experience. If... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nevada on
Q: How can I cancel after the 5th day?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 24, 2019

It looks like part of your question may have gotten left off when you posted. You could try posting again. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Nevada on
Q: had crneotomy 2006. tumor in 3rd. ventrical. contract contingent on not using certain cards did use card not suppose to

because of no short term memory

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 22, 2019

It's a little difficult to understand exactly what your question might be. From the limited description, it appears you underwent a craniotomy and currently suffer from impaired memory function and it affects what you do under a contract?? I'm not sure. I'm very sorry for the... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nevada on
Q: Can a realtor choose to stop representing you in the middle of a transaction?

My realtor served as my selling realtor and buying realtor. As a result of poor representation on the sale of my home, I am having to send him a demand letter in order to be compensated for monies lost through the sale transaction. I am asking that the realtor compensate me through a credit back on... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Oct 22, 2019

You raise an interesting question; and if these interesting facts involved a lawyer--as opposed to a Realtor who is not a lawyer--the answer would be very clear: Sending a demand letter of the nature you describe to any lawyer would immediately cause a fatal conflict of interest that would require... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Business Law for Nevada on
Q: Can my hoa restrict visitors between 10pm and 6am

I am renting and had no idea I was moving into an hoa area

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Aug 29, 2019

Yes, HOAs can restrict that--and a lot of other things too.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Copyright, Civil Litigation and Communications Law for Nevada on
Q: Is it illegal to post an ad on a dating app of an ex saying this person uses drugs and lies to manipulate people.

The photo from that person’s dating profile would be used in this hypothetical. The statements are true.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Aug 24, 2019

Yes, it is illegal--at least in the sense of possibly being defamatory, which is actionable in most if not all states. However, truth is usually an absolute defense in most if not all states too. Practically speaking, no lawyer would ever advise any client to go online in a public forum to do what... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Elder Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Nevada on
Q: Travel Company I joined moved, I can't contact them and I'm still making payments to a finance company what can I do?

Infinity Concierge Services, LLC, Inessa Kazaryan and Vilen Kazaryan have beat many people including myself out of lots of money. This was a Travel Club in Las Vegas, NV located on Convention Center Drive. Vilen was the Mgr at the office which no longer exists and the telephone numbers are... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jun 21, 2019

I applaud your persistence and determination in trying to resolve this troublesome problem. As you now know, you are only one of many other people who have suffered substantial loss in this flimflam.

Unfortunately, there is no (easy) way to get out of the installment contract you made with...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Banking for Nevada on
Q: I am a Nevada resident & I have a high interest loan from, do they need to be licensed in Nevada to lend?

If I check their website for Nevada loans,

I receive a message stating "Unfortunately, personal loans through NetCredit are not currently available in your state.

We are working hard to provide access to fast, trustworthy credit... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 28, 2019

There is a big difference between borrowing from a lender not authorized to make loans in Nevada and repaying a loan to a lender that is not authorized to make loans in Nevada.

Reading between the lines here tells me that

(1) you have been obligated to repay this (terrible) loan...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nevada on
Q: How can I back out on a sale of a home if no earnest money has been deposited in a Title company?

I've lived in the home 1 year and 4 months and I just found out I would have to pay capital gains if I sold it before 2 years.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 8, 2019

Call your Realtor and explain this situation, and ask them what to do; do not get upset with them because they might be needed to help you if the buyer gets upset.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Admiralty / Maritime for Nevada on
Q: How do I find the holder of my Trust account?

cest de qui trust was created on my behalf; I would like to be the trustee and beneficiary on this account

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 18, 2018

If you additionally posted this question in the Banking and Probate sections, attorneys who are familiar with trust accounts could have a better chance of picking it up.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Nevada on
Q: What is hotel security protocol and are they liable for damages in a shooting?

This concerns the hotel mass shooting oct 1 2017

Someone said

Service elevators are not protected by law. That’s a company policy and the only reason they are called service elevators is because they are generally larger in size, able to carry a heavier load, and keep the public... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 19, 2018

If anyone is sued by MGM grand I'll be happy to give them a free consult.

As to the question, status of elevators is not relevant.

Hotel security guards and management liable if they don't take appropriate steps. If the person is violent they are not required to put their...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: My timeshare cancel period is one day late, how can I cancel my timeshare

They mislead me and did not ever advise me of my rights to cancel till it was too late . I am 1 day late because I was on vacation and didn't fully read till I returned home. They even lied about how much I made to the credit care company, it Wyndham ,

Michael Hales
Michael Hales answered on Sep 27, 2017

You may have some options. I wrote an article on this subject for the state bar association that you may find interesting. You can find the article at And feel free to let me know if you have questions.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: Time share law in Nevada and how to get out pass the 5 day calendar period. I'm one day late
Barry Eran Janay
Barry Eran Janay answered on Sep 25, 2017

I'd need to see more details regarding the contract and about the transaction in general. I can review all of this and consult with you for a fee.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Nevada on
Q: Husband signs a lease agreement, wife did not sign. Husband dies, is the wife bound to the contract?
Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin answered on Feb 25, 2017

If he signed a lease for your residence, that could be different from a business property lease, but the ordinary rule is that contractual obligations are personal and do not extend to a non-signatory spouse.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Copyright and Intellectual Property for Nevada on
Q: I asked a friend to participate in a professional glamor shoot which I booked and paid for. Who owns the prints ?

Also what rights do I have to use the photos ?


Will Blackton
Will Blackton answered on Feb 2, 2017

If you took the photos, you own the rights to the photographs. If someone else took the photographs, look at your contract with the photographer.

Generally, a model release will specify the scope of what you can and cannot do with the photographs.

Did your friend sign a model...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.