Houston, TX asked in Car Accidents, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: I was rearended in another state (I moved to TX in Dec). After going thru litigation my attorney withdrew from the case.


He filed the motion to withdraw within 30 days when I asked for more time.

The motion to withdraw date was March of this year and nobody in their right mind was traveling, I was def not going to get on an airplane and go back to that state during early February and into March.

I was caught off guard but I feel like he did this to cover his own mistake of not filing the bankruptcy papers. (The defendant who hit me was in bankruptcy)

This past March, the circuit court judge GRANTED his motion to withdraw even after I called several times and explained and even wrote a letter.

I cannot believe not only did my attorney completely switch his demeanor and stance on my case, but the the Judge approved and granted him his motion to withdraw!!! I was rear ended at a stoplight never had any medical issues, followed all of his instructions to get the additional medical advice he wanted (a second round of MRI’s and visits to a neurosurgeon) and then he backs out after Depos.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: As a general matter, attorneys can withdraw from a case and clients can dismiss their attorneys. One option you could explore is to obtain digital copies of your records and see what you could learn or accomplish in contacting other attorneys. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.