Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Hi , I have visitations with the mother of my kids. She’s not letting me see the kids due to Covid-19, what can I do?

I have visitations on Saturday and Sunday 10am-12 pm . She told me that the only way I could see them if I do a Covid-19 test which I did and it came out negative. She’s requesting for her to see results or else I won’t be able to see the kids. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There is no legal authority for using Covid 19 as a reason to violate custody/visitation orders. She is in the wrong. However if you got tested and you know the results are negative, why not just let her see the results so you can see your kids. Once the courts reopen, you can file a motion to modify your orders on the grounds that mom doesn’t appear capable of complying with the current order

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.