Los Angeles, CA asked in Car Accidents for California

Q: Car accident no insurance can’t afford to fix it and it’s building up storage fees what do I do?

Hi i have a question I got into a car accident awhile back with no insurance I can’t afford the repair cost to fix the car. The car has been sitting in a lot for awhile now and accumulated a lot of storage fees and I can’t afford them. I read online that the finance company won’t take back the car until it’s fixed. I don’t know what to do please help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You are responsible to pay your loan and to pay storage fees. If you can't afford the storage fees, the car will eventually be auctioned by the lot to pay the fees. You might still owe any remaining balance. You will also still owe on your loan. If you can't afford that, you might want to consult with a bankruptcy attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.