Arlington, TX asked in Child Custody, Family Law and Native American Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is it legal for a custodial parent and the supervised visit people to not let u see ur child even tho its in ur courtord

Is it legal for the custodial parent and the supervised visit people to not let u see ur child on a day that u have a Court order saying u r supposed to be allowed 2 2hr visits every week as long as u schedule the visit by wed of the week prior.

I did schedule the visit a head and it was all okayed then my daughters mother had it canceled

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Sad to say, this happens more often then you think. Have your attorney, or hire an aggressive family law attorney to file motions to enforce visitation or compel them to follow the court ordered visitation. If you you need help, please feel free to give us a call for a free consult.

Pete David Louden agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.