Sacramento, CA asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Child Support and Probate for California

Q: I need to collect child support via someone's inheritance, which is in probate. What forms would I use in California ?

Child support order is in place. Arrears is owed

1 Lawyer Answer
Zaher Fallahi
Zaher Fallahi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Go to the county probate court’s Website, find the case information and the law firm’s contact information, and deliver the claim to them. The law firm must pay all valid liabilities before distributing the estate. Alternatively, contact the probate court and seek their help. I hope this helps. Zaher Fallahi, Esq, CPA (CA &D.C.).

Disclaimer: The information provided here is not intended for and may not be construed as solicitation, or legal and tax advice. For specific advice please consult your legal counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.