Atlanta, GA asked in Libel & Slander and Child Support for Alabama

Q: I got a 15 ur old son that has had things put in his head an now for exactly what reason he never wants to see me again

So I am wondering since that’s his choice can I do anything where child support will be dropped . Why should i pay child support on a son I did no wrong to an refused to talk or see me

1 Lawyer Answer
Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Hello. No, there is nothing you can do to stop support based on what you have said. That being said, your son does not get to make this decision until he is 19. You do have a right to see him and you can enforce that right through the court system. Thank you for the question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.