Los Angeles, CA asked in Child Support and Divorce for California

Q: I have a question im separated from my hisband not yet divorce and he is forcing me to pay him the half of the last mont

Wich is 1,600 and he wants 800 but has not give me anything for the kids i have three kids so now i have to pay the rent by myself and support my children and he is no longer living with me what do you suggest me to do go put child support i do t know what to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marco Antonio Torres
Marco Antonio Torres
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It unclear from your post if the rent has already been paid and he is asking for a reimbursement for the rent that was paid for the month of May or a reimbursement for the last month rent/security deposit.

Filing for child support is a start. Moreover, if you file for divorce you could also request spousal support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.