Memphis, TN asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: Can I motion for my evidence to be suppressed according to Penal Code 1538.5 PC?

I was arrested on grounds of an anonymous tip that drugs were in my car but only a gun was found. Is this grounds to have that evidence suppressed if the warrant to search my car only listed drugs?

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

the first thing you should do is write out a detailed summary of the facts and make an appointment with a local criminal lawyer.

while looking for drugs it would be reasonable for them to come across a gun but the exact fact would be needed.

if you can't afford a lawyer request a court-appointed lawyer at the arraignment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.