Columbus, OH asked in Criminal Law, Probate, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I called my sons mothers probation officer because she is drinking doing drugs driving without a license and has guns

She has left the state now for a month to avoid failing her drug test. Will i look bad when i go for custody if i call them again to let them know she left the state? I only do this because in her care my son goes without regular food, baths and enough sleep he is almost 2 its heart breaking. He has a viral infection on his skin from being dirty.

She drove off where she was living with guns because the woman she was staying with confronted her for smoking weed and drinking everyday. I called her probation officer and they said theyd look into it but she left the state the next day.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: File for custody. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.