Long Beach, CA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for California

Q: I want to change custody and visitation with my EX.

What are my next steps to deal with this legally ? I have tried talking to him and solving it on our own but he has stopped accepting my call. Even when I go to see my son he is always there. I'd like to spend time with my son without being chaperoned. And i'd like to have at least holidays with my son without having to call 72 hours in advanced for an intended visitation.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Shingletown, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In order to change custody/timeshare of your child you would have to file an FL-350 requesting modification of the current orders. This should be filed in the same court as your custody orders. You will need to be specific as to what type of orders your are seeking and the reason the court should change the current orders.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.