Colusa, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: My ex filed a Request for Judicial Notice . She has been found in contempt. What exactly is she trying to do?

I filed a contempt for order against my ex because she violated a court order. She refused to drop off my daughter and kept her. The next day I filed the order. Tomorrow is our court date, and today she filed a request of Judicial Notice. What exactly is she trying to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Shingletown, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A Request for Judicial Notice is merely asking the Judge to take notice of some document, filing, article, most anything she wants the Judge to be aware of and accept into evidence. A proper Request for Judicial Notice should contain a description of what she is asking the court to take notice of and the reason for such a request.

If you read the Request it should say in the document what she is trying to do. Without being able to read the Request the best I can do is just the generic explanation above.

You can object to the request at time of trial tomorrow.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.