Cleveland, OH asked in Consumer Law for Ohio

Q: OK so I’ve had this car loan since 2016 I’ve been paying steady on it I’ve maybe had one late payment. So

The creditor the assigns the contract to a debt collector which I took an opportunity to dispute the debt so I sent a dispute the dead verification and validation of that letter certified mail notary presented in they ignored that I gave him 30 days and it’s actually been over 30 days. They try to repo my car last night. On my credit report it shows I’m in good standing everywhere with both so-called credit alleged creditors. So in the contract that I sent them they just ignored everything so I figure they acquiesced to these I want to know everybody’s thoughts on this I plan to send a notice of non-response with an intent to sue and I’m going to take him to court for violations of the FDCPA I just like to have some input

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Taylor P Waters
Taylor P Waters
  • Worthington, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: It sounds like you might have an FDCPA claim, if you'd like representation feel free to give me a call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.