Blacklick, OH asked in Banking, Child Support, Estate Planning and Family Law for Michigan

Q: I live in michigan and have family court questions that the courthouse couldn’t answer. Who can i call to get answers.

I need help figuring out the legal options i have. My situation is complicated so a phone call would be the easiest route to discuss in further detail. Please help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Courts are prohibited by law from providing legal advice. To do otherwise would make them biased by definition and unable to handle a case impartially.

You need to hire your own attorney especially if your situation is ‘complicated’. Your best option is to find a LOCAL lawyer as local procedures vary and it is important to get that local perspective.

—this answer is provided for information only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Seek local legal advice if you still have questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.