Elizabeth, NJ asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Jersey

Q: I believe I got wrongfully terminated for being pregnant, I need to speak to a lawyer. In NJ can I legally record a cal

My job sent me Cobra Insurance with a notice of me being terminated, no one has called me, however I believe I'm being wrongfully terminated for being pregnant, as they are noe hiring for my exact position on Facebook. I want to find out if I can pursue legal action against them. I want to call my boss however I'd like to get a legal phone call recording.

1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew S. Abramson
Andrew S. Abramson
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Blue Bell, PA
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The facts that your present could support a pregnancy discrimination case. Prior to moving forward with any further communication with your former employer you should definitely consult with a lawyer. We would be happy to discuss your entire situation with you. Please contact our office.

Eva Zelson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.