Mentor, OH asked in Consumer Law for Ohio

Q: If i have an old debt from over 10 years ago where any payment was made and that has an expired judgement from 5 years

ago that was sold to a different company that now using a third party collector that sent a collections letter can id dispute based on sol or no?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Taylor P Waters
Taylor P Waters
  • Worthington, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You might be able to claim an FDCPA violation as well. A good attorney should be able to give you a hand at little to no cost to you.

Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera agrees with this answer

A: You have certain rights to stop the collector but you must first take the appropriate steps.

You can obtain information regarding your rights and proper steps to follow here:

Good luck.

My response provides only general information and is not intended to provide you with specific legal advice, nor create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use or rely on this information without first consulting with your own lawyer and discussing your specific facts and available options in detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.