Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law, Banking, Child Custody and Probate for California

Q: What do I have to do to get money out of a court blocked account?

My name is Elijah I am 21, I live in Los Angeles, CA. Mother died in 2008 when I was a minor and soon after my grandmother was named my guardian and a bank account of some of my mother's money was set up for me by the court. I went to Bank of America and they told me I have to get a document from a court to get the money. I called LA Court and Norwalk court they were no help at all, however I did research online and found that MC-357 form may be what I need, I also printed it out just in case, but I'm trying to make sure if this is what I need and what exactly what to do with it or if I need to do something else entirely.

1 Lawyer Answer
James Edward Berge
James Edward Berge
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Jose, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This self-help guide from Sacramento County should help you, even in Los Angeles County.


Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.