Round Rock, TX asked in Bankruptcy for Texas

Q: My bankruptcy lawyer passed away. He was helping me with a lien on my house that belongs to my ex.

My lawyer found out there was a lien on my house. This is from my ex's loan he has for solar panels. In our divorce he was awarded his loan and the panels. The divorce decree also said he had to remove the panels. He never did and quit paying his loan. The panels are turned off and locked by loan company. (I am disabled & have limited income. I can't afford to take my ex to court. I filed a "motion to redeem for $1". The judge awarded that the panels were abandoned. My lawyer wrote the loan company to either come and remove from my roof and fix my roof or sell to me for $1. I sent the $1 and judgement and never heard back from them. (this was in Jan 2020). My lawyer (Nels Hansen) passed in April. His office has closed and I don't know what to do. I called the County Clerk to ask if there was a form I could fill out. They said no, that my lawyer would have filled something out to give them to take the lien off of my house. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you so much. I

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Unfortunately, you will have to retain another lawyer. You may be able to get him reimbursed by filing a contempt motion in your divorce case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.