Denver, CO asked in Libel & Slander, Family Law and Civil Rights for Colorado

Q: For the last year I have been dealing with my boyfriend’s ex. I have dealt with defamation and lies she makes up on

social media. She constantly makes various profiles to try and contact me and has added my friends and family. Over the last year she has sent people to break my car windows on 4 separate occasions, yet the police say that the video footage is not enough to connect the vandalism to her. I would like to get some sort of restraining order. I do have screenshots of messages of her harassing me, posts of defamation, and pics of the car windows and police reports. Is this enough to file a restraining order?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: It depends on the nature of the communications. As for the photos, you would have to connect her to the damage somehow.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.