Madill, OK asked in Car Accidents, Contracts, Traffic Tickets and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma

Q: My 17 yr old daughter lost control of her car while passing in a passing zone. She totaled her car and no other vehicles

The highway patrol officer got her insurance verifications and license info she received a ticket for passing in the left lane without sufficient space or visibility. She never signed anything or gave permission for her signature electronically nor did I and as a juvenile shouldn't one of us been asked permission for her signature? And as a juvenile can she even sign a legal document?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. I hope your daughter is okay. As a general matter, drivers under 18 can receive tickets, and a ticket not being signed by recipient doesn't generally serve to diminish its legal effect. If you haven't already, contact an Oklahoma traffic ticket attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.