Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Texas

Q: Can state take your st. time if picked up by the feds for conspiracy had a 28 yr state sentence did 8 yr been out for 10

He didnt catch any charges its all ghost dope hasnt been in any trouble in 10 years been in feds for 2 years and state just now decided to give him 23 years took his 10 years street time why can they do that would a parole attorney help any

1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am not exactly sure of the situation. Call the attorney of record for the defendant for clarification

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.