Payette, ID asked in Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Idaho

Q: Is it legal to not allow a biological mother to see her children if there is no court orders?

I feel I have been wrongfully alienated from my sons. They are now adopted by thier paternal grandparents, to which I know that my sons will have to seek me when they come of age. With that being said I feel they took advantage of me, had me sign my rights over unwillingly, and had alienated me from my sons since the day they took them 13 years ago. I dont feel like I was informed of the correct laws of adoption,child support or why one parent can be in their life in and out as he pleased, but I have changed immensely and feel I should have gotten a second chance for supervised visits and phone calls.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Once the adoption took place, water passed under the bridge and there's no going back. Your desires to see them notwithstanding, you should not bother the paternal grandparents and NEVER make an attempt to see your sons. If they're curious when they come of age, they will seek you out, I know this. It's a sad situation but I'm very you got yourself together and will be patiently waiting for them to reach majority.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.