El Paso, TX asked in Contracts, Employment Law and Education Law for Texas

Q: Is it possible to get a texas teacher certificate reinstated after it was voluntarily surrendered permanently.

I am a former educator and in october 2012 I was brought into the district for inappropriate relationship with a student. They showed text messages we shared and asked i wanted to resign or have it go public. I resigned and in January I had my teaching certificate voluntarilly surrendered without opportunity for reinstatement I believe was the wording. I ended up teaching at a private school and coaching football for 5 years after that and now currently working in higher education. I went through a lawyer that was trying to see if it was possible for me to teach again maybe get my liscene reinstated or have the chance to retest for a new lisence. Something to be able to teach again. I spent a lot of money and they had me wait a 5 year grace period from when I surrendered which I did then they had gave me a big run around and I never got any results or answers out of it. I checked and my name does not come out on the tea do not hire list. Is it possible to get my liscence back.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Ask an attorney who focuses on a practice area like Administrative Law and/or Professional Licensing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.