Claremore, OK asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma

Q: When the Feds issue a warrant for a Felony arrest do they post it online in Oklahoma like most counties do?

My felony warrant was recalled. Prosecution filed a motion to recall pursuant McGirt v. Oklahoma. Since the Feds will be flooded with back cases as well as current cases, my guess is the most violent ones will take priority and not refile on all the rest. But if they somehow do decide to prosecute how would a person know they have a felony warrant? And is it possible to reach out to the investigators and give them evidence that proves there was no probable cause so that they can make a decision not to issue a warrant? As I'm sure they would be looking at all options to dispose of alot of cases quickly as possible.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Generally speaking, no. A federal warrant issued pursuant to a grand jury indictment, information, or complaint is usually filed under seal until the arrest has been made. The federal government uses the PACER system for court records, which is available to the public, but you must have an account and there are charges for viewing over a certain number of records per month/quarter.

As far as presenting evidence to lessen the likelihood that charges will be filed, you need to discuss this with a criminal defense attorney. While the US Attorneys are going to do whatever they feel is warranted, they may be tasking federal investigators with looking into some of the cases they are interested in refiling before pulling the trigger to do so. If the investigator is presented with additional evidence that the DA did not have, then it could prove to be beneficial. However, you may also run the risk that no one is looking at you, and, by bringing it to their attention, it could backfire.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.