Q: Being Sued and Need To Respond to Get Suit Thrown Out or Delayed

This is messy I know, but I'm appreciative of the help. I'm representing myself pro se in a divorce trial. Not my choice. My previous law firm did not file an appearance, they were "consulting", they did a lot of damage on rules of evidence. I didn't pay them. They are suing me and I need to respond. A response 1. Would hurt my divorce case, which is in the middle of my trial 2. My response would impact my potential appeal of my divorce case. 3. I could plan to sue for malpractice/counter sue but can't afford. My objective is to find grounds to delay this response /get this thrown out. I.e. I'm in middle of litigation

As to the merits of their claim, I was never given an invoice, a demand letter_ was served with lawsuit. I'm not being sued by "my" lawyer, but of counsel lawyer who knows my family and confidential information. I told my attorney I only had a certain amount of money. They billed more than that. I need grounds to get thrown out or at least delayed. THANK YOU!

1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Your question is very confusing. Are you seeking to file a legal malpractice claim? If so, that is an area of specialization and you can inquire using this forum. If you are seeking pro bono legal assistance, also, then there are some resources which may be available to you . You need to tailor your query as to what exactly you are involved with currently with whomever you contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.