Colchester, IL asked in Divorce and Child Support for Illinois

Q: My daughter has a hearing disability and ADD. She turned 18 in sept 2018, and graduated high school in child support

Continued but now is mentioning overpayment for her paid back. She is in community college, will he be granted me to pay the overpayment si CE she has a handicap and is in college currently still living at home with me, not sure if she can be on her own.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
J. Richard Kulerski Esq.
J. Richard Kulerski Esq.
  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The answer to your question lies entirely on the extent of the child's disability, which you have not adequately described. I suggest you at least get a medical opinion. You should know that you have the right to petition the court to get your ex to contribute to your child's living expenses while the child is residing with you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.