Chicago, IL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Identity Theft for Ohio

Q: My wife of 10 years with 2 kids cheated on me and had a fake pregnancy. She had her tubes tied after my youngest, used

ultrasounds of my children and a baby picture of my friends baby, the "baby" wasn't going to survive or go home. We have confronted her and everyone knows the truth, she used fake phone numbers to pretend to be me and my friends to him. I want to get a divorce and for her to get the mental help she needs, she is using an online therapist and counselor. She has written multiple bad checks, 2 of which to me caused my ban to close my accounts for fraud. This has made it so I cannot open a new account with any banks. My friends all plan to charge her with identity theft, I don't want my kids taken from me so I need to make sure the steps I take are the right ones. She also just confirmed that she really is pregnant with his child.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney who can review all the facts, advise you of your options, and file the divorce, asking for custody of your children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.