Ohio Identity Theft Questions & Answers

Q: adisneyworld.com is my domain name. can i use this domain name for amazon affiliate marketing?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Identity Theft and Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Answered on Apr 22, 2019
Joseph Jaap's answer
Disney is likely to sue you for trademark infringement, which could allow them to collect damages and their attorney fees from you. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to talk to a local trademark attorney before using that domain name.

Q: Can I sue my wife for id theft?

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Civil Rights and Identity Theft for Ohio on
Answered on Oct 8, 2018
Joseph Jaap's answer
Talk to the police and file a report. The prosecutor would determine whether to bring criminal charges. If you file for divorce, the court can order her to stop using your identity and to be responsible to pay back all the debt she incurred in your name. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local divorce attorney.

Q: I need a fraud lawyer to call my son.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Ohio on
Answered on Aug 5, 2018
Matthew Williams' answer
Your son needs to call an attorney if he has been accused of fraud. You can find many here online, in the phone book, or by asking around.

Q: I’m 12 and I used my sisters name to access her school yearbook. What are the Charges I could face?

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Juvenile Law for Ohio on
Answered on Mar 15, 2018
Matthew Williams' answer
I sincerely doubt anyone will try to make a criminal case out of this.

Q: Yes i was staying with some peaple i thought was my friends but have been robbing me for years and i was month to month

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft, Landlord - Tenant, Libel & Slander and Social Security for Ohio on
Answered on Feb 19, 2018
Joseph Jaap's answer
File a police report. They might help. Or contact your local legal aid, or sue the landlord in small claims court for wrongful eviction and the value of your things and the cost to find alternate living arrangements.

Q: what happen if got 2 charge of M1

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Ohio on
Answered on Sep 20, 2017
Matthew Williams' answer
Most first time offenders charged with misdemeanors wind up on probation. But, it is possible to get jail time on misdemeanor offenses, and theft offenses are very damaging to a persons record (no one wants to hire a thief), and also are crimes of moral turpitude for immigration purposes, if you are not a US citizen. You should get an attorney.

Q: can i seal my criminal record without an attorney?

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft for Ohio on
Answered on Sep 11, 2017
Matthew Williams' answer
Some people are successful doing this on their own. Others are not. I can't count how many people I've helped get a record sealed after they failed on their own.

Q: Is it illegal to call and ask about anothers banking account information

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Ohio on
Answered on Mar 30, 2016
Matthew Williams' answer
A little more context is needed. It is foolish and you will just get rejected if you simply call up the bank and ask for someone else's information. If you use personal identifying information of another individual such as the last four digits of his or her social, name, and address, to attempt to obtain his or banking information, that would be illegal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.