Austin, TX asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Texas

Q: Hi! I was hit as a pedestrian by a car and would like to ask how can I claim the driver's insurance my medical fees.

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your best bet is to consult with an attorney. Handling cases like this by yourself can have dire consequences. Additionally, pedestrian accidents are trickier than you think. Unlike the common understanding, insurance companies don’t necessarily view the pedestrian as totally innocent. That’s why you need an attorney to properly investigate and prepare your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.