Spanaway, WA asked in Small Claims for Washington

Q: Do I have a small claims court case?

Rented my home to a life long friend. No written contract, just verbal agreement. She had started "remodel" projects because she said she was going to buy the house. She backed out of buying but never finished her projects. She left tons of trash, destroyed the yard and caused damage to the house. She had promised to have things fixed before she moved out. Promised to have a cleaning crew come in. None of these things were done. It is going to cost a fortune to fix everything that she did. She has flat out refused to pay or do anything.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. Small claims courts nationwide have limits on dollar amounts. Until you're able to arrange a meaningful consult with an attorney in the state, you could familiarize yourselves online with the state's small claims resources. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.