Vancouver, WA asked in Civil Litigation and Traffic Tickets for Washington

Q: Maximum License Suspension

I have an unpaid judgement against me due to uninsured accident. My license has been suspended for 13 years. Shouldn't the suspension period be 10 years?

1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: The judgment that suspended you may expire after 10 (or it can be renewed). But even if it expires, the license remains suspended until reinstated. It's possible that you are eligible to reinstate, but of course there can be multiple reasons that a license is suspended; while one expires, another might not. The DOL can tell you what is holding you and what you need to do to get clear to drive.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.