Chicago, IL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Illinois

Q: i want to live with boyfreind i want to emancipate myself we had a kid but lost him im 15 i stuggle with mom i work

me and my boyfreind want to get an appartment i want to emancipate myself at 15 and a few months when ive been stuggeling with my mom for 3 years knew my bf for a year and months dont feel comfterable with my step dad i work and my boyfreind works when i was pregnant my mom put alot of stress and puched me againts the washe pressed her stomach to mine and pulled hair i ended up losing my baby my boyfreind is going to 18 in a few days i knew him since 16 and if rare what do they have to have to have or do to be emancipated i was also a rape victum for 3 years straight by my own father thats why i dont feel comfterable with him it was reported but they didnt beieve me wich im the one who was there and i was the one with the expirance wich it did happen and my step dads brother lives with us and he would always look at me unappropiatly me and my brother have seen him but i feel like my mom is more about my step dad then what i feel and think and i feel uncomfterable.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It is rare for a 15 year old to get emancipated. You do not say how old the bf is.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.