Arlington Heights, IL asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Divorce and Family Law for Illinois

Q: Wife and I have divorce proceedings going on .. We haven't lived together 3-months .. but we agreed upon exchanging

some personal belongings ... she brought some unfamiliar faces with her - I have never seen them or met them even in our marriage reception I don't see them in pictures .. Her name is still on the lease ... How can I make them give me state issued IDs before they enter the Appartment .. I had cops to facilitate .. but they said that cops can't ask for their IDs just like that ....

what is my legal course of action here ?to see their IDs before they enter

1 Lawyer Answer
J. Richard Kulerski
J. Richard Kulerski
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You have absolutely NO right to see their ID's. She can bring anyone she wishes into the marital apartment, and so can you. Your position is dead wrong.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.