Joppa, MD asked in Car Accidents for Maryland

Q: Can a lawyer help me get more than acv for my totaled car if I’ve been deemed not at fault?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Mesirow
John Mesirow
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Possibly. With so much information available, determining the replacement cost for any particular vehicle is not like the old days when you would just open up the Kelley Blue Book, and adjust the value for the condition and mileage. You are entitled to an amount that would allow you to go out and buy a comparable car. (Check out, within 25-50 miles of your residence.) Property damage shouldn't be a hassle, but it often is. I help my personal injury clients with their property damage, although I really hate doing it. If you were injured, contact a personal injury lawyer for both claims - personal injury and property damage. If you weren't injured, you're going to have a hard time getting free advice on this. If you call around though, someone will probably help you out. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.