El Centro, CA asked in Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: My mother-in-law owns land with her house on it. One daughter has a mobile home on her property that's not livable and

It has been on my mother-in-law's land for over 20 years. My mother-in-law's other daughter has two vehicles that is rusted and doesn't work; been on her property for over 14 years. My mother-in-law has expressed that she doesn't want the mobile home or vehicles on her property any longer. What are her options? California.

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Contact the local PD to report these vehicles as abandoned property and ask for advice about disposal and notification to owners of the property. I think you usually have to give 30-90 days notice then you can call a company to come out and remove them as salvage. There may be a company that will pay for the metal scrap.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.