Berwyn, IL asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: how can i defend myself from the police from locking me up even tho i didnt do nothing bad

the police took my personal belongings and forced me to put all my information into the system and they want me to pay lots of money for i can be able to be a free man and they also want me to pay lots of money so i can walk the streets and they are harassing me and wont stop tailing me and i dont wanna be pushed to the limits of self defense where people will get fatally injured because police are people too they aren't better then me just cause they have badges dont i have rights too? and they also are gunna argue in court to lock me up for trying to protect myself against the gangs that are by my house and they wanna pin gang offences on me cuz i look like them and im mexican easy pin

1 Lawyer Answer
Juan Ooink
Juan Ooink
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You need to hire a criminal defense attorney if you have been charged with an offense. The sooner you hire an attorney, the better. If you can not afford to hire an attorney, you need to request the services of the Public Defender in Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.