Dayton, OH asked in Civil Litigation, Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Ohio

Q: I was hurt on the job... is the company supposed to pay me for the time off the doctor gave me?

If I return to work still in pain what are my options? Also, someone who isn’t HR told me not to return to work until she contacts me.

1 Lawyer Answer
James J. Hux
James J. Hux
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You may want to consider contacting a workers compensation attorney. You should be able to file a claim, and then return to work when you are actually able, not because you are forced back.

Attorney James J. Hux

Hux Law Firm, LLC

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.