Ashland, OR asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Oregon

Q: I was living in a house in authority of Jackson county apartment complex with a VAWA voucher And I am also fully disable

I had my home broken into repeatedly in my car stolen from the parking lot and now they’ve served me with addiction notice because I’m a victim again how is that fair ? I did file online a formal complaint with the housing and urban development and they called me to see if it’s their jurisdiction how long will that take to get sorted out

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oregon attorney could advise best, but you await a response for three weeks. Do you mean an EVICTION notice? Read it more carefully. If that's the case, repost this under Landlord-Tenant law and hopefully an experienced L-T attorney could offer meaningful guidance. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.