Bronx, NY asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for New York

Q: Can my county board of Ed suspend me if CPS has filed an abuse and neglect petition against but no criminal charges?

An abuse and neglect petition has been filed against me by Child Protection Services for unfounded allegations for an incident that happened outside of work. I am not being criminally charged. There isn't even a criminal investigation. They suspended me without pay. Im in West Virginia.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This looks like something that an employment law attorney would probably know better than attorneys who practice in the categories posted. You posted in New York, but mention being in West Virginia. If this involves a West Virginia county/school district/teacher's union and that's where you are, you may want to repost under West Virginia unless there is some connection to New York not mentioned in the description. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.